weight loss!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The wonder years.

what would you do if i sang you a tune?
would you stand up and walk our on me?
lend me your ear and i'll sing you a song
and i'll try not to sing out of key..


oh, The Beatles. what a great thing to listen to on a Sunday on October. SPEAKING OF OCTOBER!!

 #1. I have not blogged in quite some time. for this, I am sorry. I have been so busy with work and with school.
#2. I had a medical meltdown the past 30 days. First, a sever infection in my kidney and bladder. following that, an extremely painful pinched sciatic nerve, as well as my L4 vertebrae out of place. The pain was so bad that i fainted in the bathroom and couldn't leave bed for three days. Once I was able to walk without a cane, I caught my first nasty cold of the winter season. I am still getting over it two weeks later, and I cannot wait for it to be gone. (just in time for another one to come, im sure)
#3. Halloween is just around the corner, and I have not prepared AT ALL! I am thinking of going to my oldest and truest friend beau's house for his costume party. Only problem....I STILL DON'T HAVE A COSTUME! My plan was to create a female version of the most obnoxious celebrity in America...FLAVA FLAVVVVVVVVVVV!!! My plan was to create a purple velour dress, wear a giant clock necklace, a viking hat, and a golden grill. i have none of those things and I am running out of time! I made my costume last year and it only took me about 4 hours to sew. As cute as it was, it sort of turned into a disaster. The material I used was a poly-silk blend, and was not meant to be worn. Not only did the thread rip through the fabric by the end of the night, but it was also stained to high heaven, although I do not recall spilling anything on it! Needless to say, it was time and money wasted. I am worried about that happening again this year. I chose Velour for two reasons.

Reason #1: It is Flava Flav's favorite. He wears velour track suits as much as he possibly can. Since the costume is about him, I find it only fitting.. Although our skin tone is a little different, and my hair is a little less...nappy....i think i should follow in his style steps the best that I can with what I can..

Reason #2: It is DURABLE! it gives well, holds up well, and wont lose its shape! It will be easy to make into a standard tube dress. 2 yards will cost me roughly ten dollars, and I will be nearly all set!

I did already check the Halloween store, and they do have the accessories I need for the remainder of the costume. About $35-$40 total, and I will be all set for Halloween. Not bad, eh? Most girls these days spend $40 alone on a dress that barely covers their ass cheeks. Accessories included, I don't think I got off too bad. :)

Well bloggers...it was nice catching up. Glad to hear you are all doing well. Hope this update has been pleasing for you.

PS. I have the most chubby and adorable niece on the entire planet. be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment