weight loss!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

the details....so far....



no later than september 22nd, 2011 i plan to travel the 800+ miles from the quiet bubble of west jordan, to a new world. the town i have desired to reside in since the tender age of 9. the town that cannot help but to call my name. Seattle. yes, i know, it rains a lot. There is bad traffic, weird people, and a few vampires. and i cannot wait. the city itself has so much to offer me. the people, the city, the culture, the way of life. it is everything i am in  need of. why september 22nd? well, lots of reasons. 1st being, the semester starts in october, so i need to be settled for when school starts. 2nd. on september 22nd, 2008 i made a decision in my life to give up what was important for me, and change my thinking to what was important for someone else. this was the day that i decided to not go to seattle for school. and three years is long enough to give up your dream. i refuse, i repeat, REFUSE to give up my dream for more than three years. doesnt work for me. so im doing it! I plan on attending the Art Institute of Seattle and i am seeking a BS in Fashion Marketing. This is a degree i have been seeking since i was only a young child. i know that people change their minds a ton about what they want to be when they grow up. Well, I am not one of them. This is my passion. Not just the fashion of it, but the marketing even more so. anyone who knows me knows that I am a business girl. I was the president of the DECA club all three years in high school. I was the president of the Fashionista Club two years in a row. I am in love with this. it is me. my true friends know this about me. I know, this school is ridiculously expensive, and the city isnt cheap either. I will need to save just under $5000 to go to seattle comfortably, and to start school on the right foot. sounds pretty insane huh? i may have to sell my car, rent a uhaul, and ride my bike around town for an entire year. but by god, i am going. my horoscope for 03/02/2011 says "when it comes to fear that you are feeling for a certain situation, you need to tackle it head on. look at a situation, and think of the worst way for it to turn out. as long as you can tell yourself that its not so bad, go for it!" and the truth is, i have done so. I have thought about everything it will take for me to go to seattle, and the worst case scenario when i get there. I have surpassed that fear, and come to terms with all the options. and i am so ready...here i come!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness jess, i am so so happy you are making this decision! it is so you and i support you so much! thanks for blogging. i am an avid reader! love you.

    ReplyDelete