weight loss!

Monday, February 6, 2012

just thought id share

I took this survey for my sisters family relationships class, and I found my answers quite interested when i finally let go and was completely honest. Figured i'd share.


Q: What is the best thing about being single?
A: As you know, I am an advocate of living the single life, after being in a dysfunctional relationship for 2+ years. The reason I enjoy it so much is because I have the freedom to always make decisions on my own, and base my life choices on what is best for me, and me alone. I am strong and independent and I enjoy being able to take care of myself without depending on another to do so for me, or for me to take care of them.

Q: What is the worst thing about being single?
A: The inability to have sex whenever I want.(because im not a hoe)  HAHA. I’m serious.

Q: What are some of your expectations of marriage and how it will be?
A: At this point in my life, I see marriage as a legal way for men to force women into doing their dirty work. I am anti marriage, because I am too selfish to care for anyone other than myself. Though my thoughts may change, this is the honest truth at this point in my life. I think marriage is constricting, degrading, and old fashioned.

Q: What does it mean to you to be emotionally healthy?
A: I think that emotionally healthy people are the type of people who are self sufficient, and who have genuine love for themselves. Everyone is crazy and emotional at times. It is not just girls, and not just at a certain time each month. There will always be situations in life where people will seem to act a bit “unstable” with their emotions. However, to have a rounded perspective on yourself and life, and to be able to analyze and solve standard life situations without the constant breakdown, is my definitely of emotional stability.

Q: Why do you think some marriages don’t work?
A: I think the main reason that marriages do not work is because of the constricting forcefulness of the situation as a whole. Marriage, in my eyes, in agreed upon in one of two ways. Example 1, a man and a woman have been dating for __ amount of time, and girl (who may or may not be insane) decides she simply cannot continue to be with this man without a “commitment” so she offers an ultimatum, or in not so many words, tricks and or forces the man into marrying her. Example Two: Man and woman have been dating for __ amount of time, and man has become annoyed at the fact that after said amount of time, woman does not fulfill every need his lazy self may have. So, man asks woman to marry him, in hopes that she will not only contribute to the bills, but cook, clean, push 8 pound creatures out of her body, and rub his feet at the end of the day. Women, being hopeless romantics, generally accept the request, because of example 1, the desire for a real commitment.

Q: Why do you think some marriages succeeded?
A: In some magical world where 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages DON’T end in divorce, marriage works because of lies. It is not human nature to be in love with one person, or attracted to one person, for the rest of their lives. As in the movie “Valentine’s Day” where the old couple has been together for 50+ years, and seem so ridiculously happy, only to find out that infidelity buried itself in their relationship for many many years. True love is a lie.

Q: What is the definition of a healthy relationship?
A: Freedom
.
Q: What do you find most attractive in a partner?
A: Other than the obvious beards, dreadlocks, and Australian accents. I am attracted to trust. Trust for me to be free, independent, etc .

Q: Can you tell me about your last break up? How did it happen? Who initiated it? Why did you break up?
A: I was in a relationship for over two years, and we both tried to end it multiple times. I was addicted to the idea of being in a relationship, and he was addicted to me taking care of him, and to drugs. We fought every day, and were extremely miserable. I tried many times to end it, but was guilt tripped into staying with him for a long time. Eventually, we were both sick of it. Technically, he ended it. I left, drove 200 miles from our home in Idaho to my parent’s home in West Jordan. He called me three days later and tried to get back with me. I decided against it because I was finally far enough away to be able to break my addiction to him, for good. I thank god every day that he set me free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment