the sky was full of thunderstorms today. lightning, rain, and even some hail. but the only rain i felt was that coming down my face, from my eyes. today is fathers day, and I was reminded today of just how amazing my dad is.
i was unfortunately put into an exhausting situation this morning regarding the new car that i purchased in late april of this year. it is a 2000 ford focus with just over 100k miles on it. now, to step back to my previous car experience, i have not had the best luck when i comes to cars. from blown head gaskets to repos, i have not been blessed when it comes to cars. this car in particular has given me problems pretty much from the start. within a week of having it we determined (incorrectly) that there were problems with the connectors of the alternator. after two weeks of ignored calls, i was FINALLY able to reach the car company and have them take the car back to be repaired. they then determined that the fuel pump was shot. they "replaced" it, and returned my car to me with a completely empty gas tank. i took the car home and it worked for about a week before dying again. since then, i have been able to use the car for about 60% of the time that i have it. the other 40% it gives me total hell. we have replaced the dip stick, fuel filter, battery connector, and now the fuel vaccum sensor (i think) and now we are thinking that the fuel pressure regulator will need to be replaced. that part, new, is $150 dollars. which i do not have, and cannot bring myself to pay for. we looked at pick and pull and couldnt find what we were looking for. so now we are deciding what to do next.
last night, i began watching a movie that i have been meaning to see for a long time now. the secret. this moving is basically a theory that life is based on the law of attraction. anything that happens in your life, you attract it to your life. the movie goes on to explain that the law of attraction cannot determine feelings regarding the action object or lifestyle in which you are thinking. for example. i woke up this morning thinking "i dont want to have car trouble" the secret's theory stats that the law of attraction only registers that i am thinking of "car trouble" not whether or not i want car trouble. the law of attraction states that because i am thinking of car trouble, that is what i attracted to myself. in turn, you ultimately have to think about only what you desire, not what you dont desire, because you will attract what you are thinking of. prior to watching this moving, this was the general rule in which i lived by. positive attitude = positive outcome. but to practice what i preach is a totally different story. but after the day i had today, i have decided to make an extremely strong effort every single day to think of only the things i do want, not the things i DONT want.
this day made me realized how blessed i am to have some of the people in my life that i have. first of all, my co workers. so many amazing people stepped up today in my time of need and offered me comfort and friendship. i have been truly blessed to know all of these amazing people.
second, my entire family.they are so very different and wild and a little out of control, but whenever i need them i know i can count on them to be there for me.
last, and of course most important for this day, my amazing father. John Aaron Wilson. Born April 26, 1968. He is the greatest human being i will ever know. he is my best friend, my partner in crime, my daddy, my everything. he is such a selfless and loving person, and always puts his family before himself. he will do whatever he can to make sure that we have what we need when we need it. he goes above and beyond to take care of us. i have built a bond with him that i cannot explain to the average person. i was like the son he never had. he is the greatest man i will never know, and i am so blessed to have him as my father. i share more personal stories and jokes with him than any other human in my life. he will forever and always be my rock, my shoulder to cry on, my helping hand, my best friend, my compadre. love you daddy. happy fathers day!
Sunday, June 5, 2011
i am so happy to say that i am writing this blog from my patio of my parents house. it is 70 degrees, slight breeze, and not a cloud in sight. it is such an amazing day and i am so happy that summer time allows for more sunlight, longer days, and happier people. i am so pleased to be able to spend this fun summer with my family, and i have built such a strong bond lately with some really amazing friends. i am having so much fun, and the summer has just barely started. i cannot wait until it comes time for camping. more swimming, boating, summer adventures, late night bike rides, the list goes on and on although i have a sunburn and work five days a week i could not be any happier right now. i am home, surrounded by wonderful people, and have a very amazing life. :) bring it on summer, im so ready!